Einige Vorteile von TIco RAW sollen folgende sein:A smart strategic move that will allow camera professionals to benefit from higher resolution with still & movie RAW format, while significantly reducing storage
Mont-Saint-Guibert, Belgium, December 7, 2021 – intoPIX is pleased to announce today the successful integration of the TicoRAW technology into the new generation of Nikon cameras, including the latest flagship Z 9 mirrorless camera.
Nikon made the bold strategic move to select the intoPIX TicoRAW technology: leapfrogging existing camera limitations to meet all advanced and upcoming requirements of imaging professionals, whether in live sports, film, wildlife documentaries or other challenging environments. Thanks to this addition, the new Z 9 camera offers High-Efficiency RAW recording up to 8K and 60fps (available through the 2022 firmware update), preserving all the benefits of the RAW format, while ensuring very low power processing and very fast transfer speed.
With TicoRAW, the full quality of the captured sensor data is preserved while reducing the bandwidth and the storage needs. It can be used for both Still pictures and RAW movies. This patented technology offers high image quality, and the capability to manage very high resolutions, high frame rates and high dynamic range workflows. TicoRAW is the world’s first RAW codec that can offer compression efficiency with such low complexity. It also has the advantage of retaining this very fast format for editing, regardless of resolution and/or frame rates used.
“intoPIX is really proud to work with Nikon. Together we share the same ideals and passion: offer ever more beautiful images and videos, at anytime, anywhere in the world. Experience image-making like never before.” explained Gael Rouvroy, CEO at intoPIX.
With this latest revolution, intoPIX and Nikon invite all camera enthusiasts to enter this fantastic world of limitless imaging.
The two companies welcome everybody to contact their respective teams to sample the intoPIX TicoRAW technology solutions and the new Nikon cameras.
- Reduce power consumption and reduce video bandwidth to process more pixels from the sensor.
- Handle higher image and video resolution, high frame rate and high dynamic range easily : to capture to record, to transmit, to edit, to analyze.
- Reduce the bandwidth of memory during the ISP process and RAW data analysis.
- Get the lowest latency (“pixel-line”) to transmit RAW data over your wired / wireless network, infrastructures, interfaces.
- Efficiently decrease the stored RAW image data on the storage media , and extend camera battery duration
- Increase the editing, rendering, analytics speed and while retaining the sensor data needed for a complete control of the RAW processing pipeline.
Mehr Infos zum RAW Format finden sich auf der Webseite von intoPIX