Licht Forum

Diffusion Materialien und Wirkung

Alles rund um Lichtsetzung, Lichtausrüstung uä.
Antworten
Frank Glencairn

Diffusion Materialien und Wirkung

Beitrag von Frank Glencairn »

Wer immer schon mal wissen wollte was verschiedene Diffusion Materialien tatsächlich machen, hier ist der Artikel dazu

There is a huge chasm between knowing lighting tools and knowing them intimately. Regardless of the approach, it takes a long time and a lot of experience to get to the latter. There is a wide array of options on the market, so how do you know what to use and when? I have been shooting for some time now, and assisting those better than me for even longer. I have had the opportunity to work with a wide array of lights and lighting augmentation, but its only been a few items at a time, sometimes spread over many months (or years) before seeing them again. Many cinematographers have their go-to approach to bouncing and diffusing light by always keeping a small selection of materials in their kit. Oftentimes, these were chosen because of what’s available. Other times, we hear its good, so we use it. But unless you’ve had a lot of practice and seen the side-by-side effects of each, it can be hard to know what would work best in a given situation. Because of this, I decided to conduct an in-depth test of various diffusion and bounce materials centralized in one location in a controlled environment. Welcome to the Ultimate Diffusion and Bounce Test.

A little background. I am a documentary cinematographer who has to shoot a lot of interviews for my projects. Interview lighting can range from a simple, no-frills, one-light setup to a massive lighting package with hours of setup time. Regardless of the scale, you want the interview to look as good as it can. Just shining a light on someone doesn’t always produce the most flattering look. You generally need to soften the light by either diffusing it, bouncing it, or both. The decision of which to do, and what materials to use is the question. What look are you going for? Is you space limited? How much time do you have to set up? What’s your budget? All of these factors play into the decision – and having an answer to these questions is an important first step.

This test is designed to answer some of those questions. I must admit, this is primarily a selfish test to see what I like best. But it is also a test to give all cinematographers a resource to look at the same materials and decide for themselves what looks best to fits their needs. This test is by no means limited to documentary interview lighting. These tools are the same used for any lighting setup, whether you’re shooting a documentary, commercial, or feature film. Every material, whether diffusing or bouncing, augments the quality and output of the light source to produce a specific look and feel.

http://blog.mattporwoll.com/the-ultimat ... 3w9tmn0D58
Sapere aude - de omnibus dubitandum

suchor

Re: Diffusion Materialien und Wirkung

Beitrag von suchor »

Danke fürś teilen, sehr interessant.Wenn nur mein Englisch nicht so schlecht wäre😩

Frank Glencairn

Re: Diffusion Materialien und Wirkung

Beitrag von Frank Glencairn »

Gut das die Clips und die Bilder nicht auf Englisch sind ;-)
Sapere aude - de omnibus dubitandum

Aktuelle Beiträge [alle Foren]

» Videointerview: Die neue Blackmagic PIXIS 6K Box Kamera erklärt
von Alex - Di 8:21
» NAB 2024 Neuigkeiten
von Darth Schneider - Di 8:18
» Adobe Firefly für Premiere Pro - Generative Extend, Object removal/addition
von Frank Glencairn - Di 7:57
» Western Digital stellt weltweit erste 4 TB SD-Karte vor
von rush - Di 7:21
» Blackmagic senkt Preise für alle Video Assist 3G- und 12G-Monitor-Recorder
von Tscheckoff - Di 7:04
» Was schaust Du gerade?
von 7River - Di 6:24
» ZOOM F6 - 32 Bit Audio Recorder
von berlin123 - Mo 21:50
» Tragischer Unfall am Set trotz Filmwaffe: Kamerafrau stirbt nach Schuß von Alec Baldwin
von Bluboy - Mo 21:21
» Die URSA Cine 17K soll mit 50mm breitem Sensor kommen
von iasi - Mo 21:13
» Neues Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 19 bringt über 100 neue Funktionen
von Axel - Mo 19:44
» Fuji strikes back...
von iasi - Mo 19:38
» Blackmagic Camera App bald auch für Android Smartphones
von cantsin - Mo 19:25
» Blackmagic PYXIS 6K: Die Vollformat „Box“-Kamera mit Viewfinder, 2x SDI, Sideplates (!) uvm.
von Darth Schneider - Mo 18:31
» Tilta Tripods
von Frank Glencairn - Mo 18:20
» RED ist nun eine Nikon-Tochter - und Jarred Land abgesetzt
von pillepalle - Mo 15:47
» Rot ist eigentlich nicht meine Farbe
von Alex - Mo 14:05
» Was hast Du zuletzt gekauft?
von markusG - Mo 11:43
» Atomos Ninja Phone macht aus iPhone 15 Pro/Max einen HDMI-Kameramonitor/Rekorder
von pillepalle - Mo 10:22
» Atomos Sun Dragon - 5-Farben-HDR-LED-Lichtstreifen mit CRI99 Lichtgüte
von pillepalle - Mo 10:14
» Fallout - Serie
von hexeric - Mo 9:55
» Update für kostenlose Blackmagic Camera App bringt neue Features
von Clemens Schiesko - Mo 0:39
» DJI Avata 2, Goggles 3 und RC Motion 3 im ersten Praxistest
von Jalue - Mo 0:07
» Mini-PC mit Wi-Fi 7 "Option"?
von rush - So 22:52
» Apple Vision Pro: Verkaufsstart (USA) ab Februar für 3.499,- Dollar + neuer Werbeclip
von Darth Schneider - So 20:54
» DPA Air1 Miniatur Windschutz
von pillepalle - So 15:38
» UMFRAGE: Nikon oder RED als künftiger Cinecam-Markenname?
von pillepalle - So 15:09
» RED versucht User nach Übernahme durch Nikon zu beruhigen
von pillepalle - So 15:07
» Adobe bezahlt Stock-Creator für Videos zum Training seiner Video-KI
von slashCAM - So 13:24
» Blackmagic stellt neues DaVinci Resolve Micro Color Panel für 495 Dollar vor
von DrThong - So 12:41
» Grading des Trailers zu Joker 2 > Analyse
von iasi - So 11:50
» Bluetooth Handmikro Empfehlung
von Bee1291 - So 11:17
» Windows Laptops bald mit Apple M3 Mac auf Augenhöhe?
von rush - So 10:13
» Sony PXW FS7 II 4K 60p Video Kamera Kino Metabones Speedbooster
von Mr NN - So 10:01
» Was hörst Du gerade?
von pillepalle - Sa 22:25
» Resolve DCTLs
von Frank Glencairn - Sa 18:30