The Fairlight Audio Guide to DaVinci Resolve 17 now available!
This official Blackmagic Design hands on training guide will teach you the art of sound editing, sweetening, recording, mixing, and delivering. Beginning audio editors and assistants will find clear, workflow driven lessons, while seasoned audio professionals will quickly learn Fairlight’s user friendly tools to create incredible soundtracks.
What You’ll Learn
• Navigating and customizing the Fairlight page.
• Creating and modifying tracks.
• Marking and editing source audio.
• Connecting to external sound libraries.
• Setting up and recording voiceover and ADR tracks.
• Working with audio track layers to stack, split, and build a composite.
• Evaluating and setting channel mapping for multichannel clips.
• Balancing and normalizing dialogue tracks.
• Finding and fixing common issues with the Edit Selection tool.
• Repairing and replacing unwanted sounds like clicks, pops, and hums.
• Creating your own sound effects using the oscillator and FairlightFX.
• Enhancing and sweetening tracks with EQ and dynamics.
• Adding depth and dimension with time based effects.
• Automating track changes over time.
• Working with buses to simplify mixing.
• Finishing your soundtrack, bouncing tracks, and delivering a final mix.
• Exploring Dolby Atmos integration.
• Dozens of tips and real world techniques!
This book is designed for both beginners and professionals. Beginners will find clear and concise lessons to get you up and running quickly. If you’re a professional switching from another system, you’ll find lessons that cover everything from recording and editing tracks, to advanced dialogue repair, routing to aux and submix buses, and linking mono track groups for multichannel finishing. You’ll also find dozens of pro tips and tricks that will help you work faster!
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ykQo#books